- 4 eggs
- 120g caster sugar
- 120g soft flour
- 20g butter, melted and cooled
- Whisk eggs and sugar over a warm water bath (bain-marie) until mixture is slightly warm (40C).
- Continue whisking until mixture is light and ribbony.
- Fold in flour very gently in 3 stages. Treat the genoise with lots of tender love.
- Fold in butter very gently.
- Pour in buttered and floured sponge cake tin very gently.
- Bake 175C for about 20 mins until top springs back when pressed and knife comes out clean.
- Cool cake and brush with syrup for a moist crumb.
Then you can do almost anything with this lady. Fill with raspberry jam and cover with french buttercream (fat free… haha):
Or make a chocolate genoise and add some alcoholic cherries (yucks) to get a classic black forest cake:
I love cake decorating!